- Headquartered in Washington, DC
- An SEC registered investment advisor1
- Net assets under management: $2.7 billion/57 investments2
- Specializes in executing build-to-core strategies, including through an open-end, core-plus fund
- Invests in most major real estate sectors—mixed-use, apartments, office, retail, industrial, hotels, and data centers
- Focuses investments on leading U.S. urban markets
- 50 employees, with offices Los Angeles and Philadelphia
- Wholly owned by a subsidiary of the National Electrical Benefit Fund, a major U.S. pension fund with more than $12.9 billion in assets under management
- Click here to read more
Led by a management team working collaboratively since 20003, National Real Estate Advisors has honed a specialized build-to-core strategy and established a unique open-end real estate fund to invest in modern assets, located in major U.S. urban markets. The company takes a patient, long-term investment view, developing and re-developing properties at appropriate points in the real estate cycle, always seeking to create modern, technologically advanced assets for its portfolios, to outperform older properties competing for tenants. Operating throughout the entire capital stack, National invests equity and lends debt—providing its development partners a range of flexible financing solutions—preferred equity, mezzanine debt, senior debt, construction loans, and credit enhancements. Relationships with many leading developers give National opportunities to participate in some of the country’s most recognized projects, while the company can also utilize in-house expertise to develop projects on its own or with others. While seeking to ensure quality construction in often complex projects, National has delivered solid long-term returns for its pension fund clients.
As of 12/31/2016.
1. Registration as an investment advisor does not imply any level of skill or training.
2. Net assets under management are calculated using the fair market value of investments plus cash and other assets and liabilities.
National has operated as an investment advisor since January 2010. In addition, National’s key managing members generally worked together at National’s predecessor firm, NEBF Real Estate from 2000 through 2010.
3. National has operated as an investment advisor since January 2010. In addition, National’s key managing members generally worked together at National’s predecessor firm, NEBF Real Estate from 2000 through 2010.